[Python-Dev] 2.5 open issues

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Apr 28 16:38:42 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:
> There are also these items in the 'possible features' section:
> ================
> Modules under consideration for inclusion:
>
>       - bdist_deb in distutils package
>         (Owner: ???)
>         http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-February/060926.html

Isn't that MvL?

>       - wsgiref to the standard library
>         (Owner: Phillip Eby)

I still hope this can go in; it will help web framework authors do the
right thing long term.

>       - pure python pgen module
>         (Owner: Guido)

I'm withdrawing this for 2.5 and resubmitting it to 2.6; I have no
time to clean it up. I know it is possible using this code to create a
Python source-to-bytecode compiler in pure Python (using tokenizer.py
for the lexer and the compiler package as the bytecode generator, and
accepting the latter's imperfections) but few people have that need
and those that do can download it from SF.

>       - Support for building "fat" Mac binaries (Intel and PPC)
>         (Owner: Ronald Oussoren)

Yes, this would be cool.