[Python-Dev] PEP 3102: Keyword-only arguments

Talin talin at acm.org
Sun Apr 30 21:58:52 CEST 2006

Thomas Wouters <thomas <at> python.org> writes:

> Pfft, implementation is easy. I have the impression Talin wants to
implement it himself, but even if he doesn't, I'm sure I'll have a
free week somewhere in the next year and a half in which I can
implement it :) It's not that hard a problem, it just requires a lot
of reading of the AST and function-call code (if you haven't read it
already.)

If someone wants to implement this, feel free - I have no particular
feelings of "ownership" over this idea. If someone can do it better
than I can, then that's the implementation that should be chosen.

One suggestion I would have would be to implement the two parts of the
PEP (keyword-only arguments vs. the 'naked star' syntax) as two
separate patches; While there seems to be a relatively wide-spread
support for the former, the latter is still somewhat controversial and
will require further discussion.

-- Talin