[Python-Dev] More tracker demos online

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Aug 6 23:39:17 CEST 2006

On 8/5/06, Hernan M Foffani <hfoffani at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is anyone looking at the Google Code Hosting tracker, just for fun?
> =)  (
> > code.google.com/hosting, although performance seems to be an issue for
> now)
>
> It's propietary code, isn't it?
> http://code.google.com/hosting/faq.html#itselfoss
> (Is that why you said "just for fun"?)

Yes, it's proprietary, but so what?  As Bob pointed out, JIRA is as well.
Read the call for trackers and you will see we explicitly said closed-source
was fine.

But Google Code Hosting is not being considered since it won't have data
imported by the deadline for accepting test trackers (it currently doesn't
have any support for mass issue uploading).

-Brett