[Python-Dev] Unicode Data in Python2.5 is missing a ucd_4_1_0 object

Armin Ronacher armin.ronacher at active-4.com
Thu Aug 10 20:37:17 CEST 2006

Hi,

I discovered that unicodedata in python2.5 implements unicode 4.1. While
this is ok it's possible enforce unicode 3.2 by using the ucd_3_2_0 object.
But it's not possible to enforce a ucd_4_1_0 standard because that object
does not exist by now.

In the description of #1031288 (http://www.python.org/sf/1031288) Martin v.
Löwis says the following:

| Python relies on the unicodedata 3.2.0, as the IDNA RFCs
| mandate that Unicode 3.2 is used to implement IDNA. So any
| integration of 4.0.1 must
| a) still maintain access to the 3.2.0 data

And furthermore the docstring claims that this module just implements unicode
3.2.0 whereas unidata_version gives me 4.1.0

Doesn't that mean that there should also be an way to enforce unicode 4.1.0?

Regards,
Armin