[Python-Dev] bdist_* to stdlib?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Feb 16 04:29:32 CET 2006

Trent Mick wrote:

> On Windows you download an MSI (it ends up in your browser downloads
> folder), it starts the installation, and the end of the installation it
> starts the app for you.

Which then conveniently inserts a virus into my system.
No, thanks. (Okay up until that last bit, though.)

This isn't really a problem with the Mac, but with the
Mac-Web interface. If there were a file format (e.g.
.app.tar.gz) that the Mac would recognise as an app
and unpack automatically and put in an appropriate
place, things would be much the same. (Including
running it automatically, if you were insane enough
to turn that option on.)

> ...anyway this is getting seriously OT for python-dev. :)

Agreed. I will say no more about it here.

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |