[Python-Dev] buildbot vs. Windows

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythondev at puzzling.org
Wed Feb 22 00:23:59 CET 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> skip at pobox.com wrote:
[...]
> So for multiplying this by 8, I would have to create 48 lines of
> Apache configuration, and use 24 TCP ports. This can be done, but
> it would take some time to implement. And who is going to look
> at the 24 pages?

This last point is the most important, I think.  Most of the time I look at
Twisted's buildbot, it's to see at a glance which, if any, builds are broken.  I
think this is the #1 use case.  Second is getting the details of what broke, and
who broke it.

So massively multiplying the pages seems counter-productive to me.

I suspect there's nearly as much advantage to running randomised tests on just
one platform as there is on many, so a good trade-off may be to just add one
more builder (to each branch) that does -r on just one platform.  I'm assuming
most of the issues randomisation exposes aren't platform-dependent.

-Andrew.