[Python-Dev] new security doc using object-capabilities

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sat Jul 22 13:46:15 CEST 2006

Re-hi,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 03:35:45PM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> http://svn.python.org/view/python/branches/bcannon-sandboxing/securing_python.txt?rev=50717&view=log.

I'm not sure I understand what you propose to fix holes like
constructors and __subclasses__: it seems that you want to remove them
altogether (and e.g. make factory functions instead).  That would
completely break all programs, right?  I mean, there is no way such
changes would go into mainstream CPython.  Or do you propose to maintain
a CPython branch manually for the foreseeable future?  (From experience
this is a bad idea...)

A bientot,

Armin