[Python-Dev] new security doc using object-capabilities

Armin Rigo arigo at tunes.org
Sun Jul 23 08:54:10 CEST 2006

Hi Brett,

On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 10:33:19AM -0700, Brett Cannon wrote:
> Thanks for the link, Armin.  Since you guys don't have the import
> restrictions the CPython version would have and just have different coding
> needs for RPython obviously I can't just do a blind copy.  But I will
> definitely take a look as I develop.  Maybe you guys can even help to lower
> the duplication if it makes sense for you.

Yes, it should be possible to abstract the common logic in some way,
using some kind of interface for all OS inspection and 'sys.modules'
manipulations.

> BTW, do you guys happen to have extra tests from import?

Yes, there is
http://codespeak.net/svn/pypy/dist/pypy/module/__builtin__/test/test_import.py

which will also need a bit of rewriting, but that should be
straightforward.

A bientot,

Armin