[Python-Dev] Testing Socket Timeouts patch 1519025

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Jul 31 06:58:23 CEST 2006

At 12:39 AM -0400 7/31/06, Tony Nelson wrote:

>    popen('"E:\Documents and Settings\Tony Nelson\My
>Documents\Python\pydev\trunk\PCBuild\python.exe" -c "import
>sys;sys.version_info"')

Ehh, I must admit that I retyped that.  Obviously what I typed would not
work, but what I used was:

    python = '"' + sys.executable + '"'
    popen(python + ' -c "import sys;sys.version_info"'

So there wasn't a problem with backslashes.  I've also been using raw
strings.  And, as I said, the file objects looked OK, with backslashes
where they should be.  Sorry for the mistyping.