[Python-Dev] 2.5 issues need resolving in a few days

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:33:32 CEST 2006

The most important outstanding issue is the xmlplus/xmlcore issue.
It's not going to get fixed unless someone works on it.  There's only
a few days left before beta 1.  Can someone please address this?  If
that means reverting changes to maintain compatibility, so be it.

There is still the missing documentation for ctypes and element tree.
I know there's been progress on ctypes.  What are we going to do about
ElementTree?  Are we going to have another undocumented module in the
core or should we pull ET out (that would also fix the xml issue)?

Finally, there are the AST regressions.

If there are patches that address any of these issues, respond with a link here.

I'm guessing that all the possible features are not going to make it into 2.5.