[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] sqlite3 test errors - was : Re: r46936 - in python/trunk: Lib/sqlite3/test/regression.py Lib/sqlite3/test/types.py Lib/sqlite3/test/userfunctions.py Modules/_sqlite/connection.c Modules/_sqlite/cursor.c Modules/_sql

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Thu Jun 15 01:04:00 CEST 2006

Well, the just-released Ubuntu 06.06 LTS (Long Term Support) ships
with sqlite 3.2.8. I'd suggest that whatever version ships with
Python should _at_ _least_ work with this version. 06.06 is supposed
to be supported for a couple of years, at least. Since this is the
latest and greatest version of what's probably the most rapidly
updating Linux (I don't include gentoo, obviously, because gentoo
scares me (ObBarryBaiting: funroll-loops.org)), I don't think we can
expect many people's platforms to have the absolute latest 3.4.4 or
whatever.

Alternately, we ship the sqlite3 code with Python. I'm deeply
unthrilled with this idea, as it means more emergency security
releases to fix sqlite3 security bugs, as well as bloating out the
size of the release.

In the meantime, I'd suggest the appropriate fix is to roll back to
the previous version of the python-sqlite bindings on the trunk.

Anthony