[Python-Dev] When to branch release25-maint?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Jun 19 06:38:07 CEST 2006

A question has been asked about branching release25-maint at the time
of beta1. I was actually thinking about doing this for 2.5rc1 - once
we're in release candidate stage we want to really be careful about
checkins. I'm not sure it's worth branching at beta1 - it's a bit
more work all round, vs what I suspect will be a small amount of 2.6
work landing on the trunk nownownow. Also, I'd prefer people's cycles
be spent on bughunting 2.5 rather than worrying about shiny new
features for the release that's, what, 18 months away?

Anyway, thought I'd open this up for discussion...

Anthony