[Python-Dev] Numerical robustness, IEEE etc.

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Sat Jun 24 17:45:15 CEST 2006

Nick Maclaren <nmm1 at cus.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> "Facundo Batista" <facundobatista at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, so I'm completely lost... because, if all you want is to be able
> > to chose a returned value or an exception raised, you actually can
> > control that in Decimal.
>
> Yes, but I have so far failed to get hold of a copy of the Decimal code!
> I will have another go at subverting Subversion.  I should VERY much
> like to be get hold of those documents AND build a testing version of
> the code - then I can go away, experiment, and come back with some more
> directed comments (not mere generalities).

Download any Python 2.4 or 2.5 distribution.  It will include the
decimal.py module.  Heck, you may even have it already, if you are
running Python 2.4 or later.  To see the latest version:
http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Lib/decimal.py

If you want to see the C version of the decimal module, it is available:
http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/decimal-c/

The general magic incantation to see the SVN repository is:
http://svn.python.org/view/

 - Josiah