[Python-Dev] Moving the ctypes repository to python.org

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Jun 23 12:02:15 CEST 2006

Now that ctypes is no longer an externally maintained module, imo the
repository should be moved from SF cvs to python.org svn.

The current layout is different than the main python trunk, and it
should be preserved so that I can still do standalone releases.

I think the best would be to import it into an url like

http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/ctypes/

Is it possible to take the CVS repository files (they can be accessed
with rsync), and import that, preserving the whole history, into SVN?

I would be responsible to merge changes from the sandbox to the Python
trunk and vice versa.  On the other hand, it may be possible to use the
svn:external facility to have Modules/_ctypes and Lib/ctypes use certain
directories in the sandbox tree (although I do not know how good this
works in reality).

Thomas