[Python-Dev] _bsddb.c ownership

Thomas Wouters thomas at python.org
Wed Mar 8 03:03:48 CET 2006

On 3/7/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Thomas Wouters wrote:
> > Who 'owns' Modules/_bsddb.c, if anyone?
>
> It's a fork of pybsddb, originally contributed by Gregory Smith (*).
> For all practical purposes, he also "owns" it, but hasn't objected
> to others making changes in the past.
>
> At the time it was imported, I recall the plan was to out-phase
> pybsddb, and only keep the version in Python. It appears that things
> have developed differently.

Alright. It seems someone <wink> already made  backward-incompatible changes
to _bsddb.c (adding Py_ssize_t use), and various other things were fixed,
too, so I just went ahead and checked in a bunch of small fixes. I'm not
done yet, though. After I am done (which might be a while still, but
hopefully before alpha1), I'll fix backward compatibility and send in a
patch to the pybsddb project :)

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas at python.org>

spread!