[Python-Dev] I'm not getting email from SF when assigned a bug/patch

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Mar 30 19:37:00 CEST 2006

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> > I'm obviously missing something here.
>
> One thing that you are *obviously* missing (there might be more):
>
> Nobody has stepped forward and said "I make trac happen". Without
> somebody (specific) saying that, all technical arguments in favour
> of that software are futile.

I'm quite sure I've already pointed to

    http://www.python-hosting.com/freetrac

which could be used by the Python 3000 activity in order to evaluate
Trac, and to

    http://www.python-hosting.com/shared_hosting

plus a small fraction of the PSF budget for the Python code, if Trac is
found to be good enough, and provided that the PH folks think that it's
a good idea to host core development on their platform (I assume we
have pretty good stats for how svn.python.org is being used).

I can ask them for a test py3k account, if there's any interest.

</F>