[Python-Dev] 2.5 schedule

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun May 21 16:25:34 CEST 2006

Aahz wrote:
> On Sun, May 21, 2006, Neal Norwitz wrote:
>> On 5/19/06, Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> wrote:
>>> Remember, the feature freeze isn't until beta1. New stuff can still go
>>> in after the next alpha, before beta1.
>> I agree. Of course, it's preferable to get things in ASAP to get more
>> testing.
>
> Nevertheless, I still think that putting out an alpha during or right
> before a major sprint is awkward at best.  My testing is more focused on
> alpha releases than the trunk, and I think other people work similarly.
> Except for Anthony, the responses you've gotten to this surprising
> change have been negative; this doesn't seem in keeping with our usual
> decision-making process.

Moving the alpha release from after a weekend to before a weekend is a bit of
a hassle for me, too. I'd hoped to have the functional->functool move done
this weekend, but wasn't too worried about getting it finished because I had
next weekend as a fallback.

Now it appears I'll need to find time to do it sometime this week instead.
That's certainly possible, but it's somewhat inconvenient. We don't all get to
do Python-related things on work time ;)

Cheers,
Nick.