[Python-Dev] 2.5 schedule

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue May 23 08:57:34 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> Anthony's schedule is a bit up in the air which means this schedule
> does not reflect what reality will be.  Perhaps we will skip a3
> altogether which will give more time in a sense, though not in reality
> since b1 in that case will hopefully be on or before June 14.  FWIW:
>
>     alpha 3: May 25, 2006 [planned]
>     beta 1:  June 14, 2006 [planned]
>     beta 2:  July 6, 2006 [planned]
>     rc 1:    July 27, 2006 [planned]
>     final:   August 3, 2006 [planned]
>
> As for wanting to get more things in, people ought to communicate that
> here.  If there's something that should be added to the PEP, everyone
> needs to know.

If alpha 3 doesn't happen until May 27 (which is what the PEP on the Web
*still* says, can somebody please fix the build process so that it
actually gets installed?), it should get dropped entirely. I'm not
available for creating installers in the following week, so the earliest
day to make alpha 3 would then be June 5, but traditionally, it would
be June 8.

Regards,
Martin