[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] stdlib reorganization

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Wed May 31 01:27:13 CEST 2006

On 5/30/06, A.M. Kuchling <amk at amk.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:36:02PM -0600, Steven Bethard wrote:
> > That sounds about reasonable.  One possible grouping:
>
> Note that 2.5's library reference has a different chapter organization
> from 2.4's.  See <http://docs.python.org/dev/lib/lib.html>.

That's better.  Here are my issues with it:

I don't know if I like 'data types' containing stuff like datetime which
provide information rather than help deal with data.  And other stuff like
sched don't seem to really have anything to do with data directly.

I think pdb and profile can be moved to developer tools.

I realize that the misc. category is there just to have a place to stick
'formatter' since it doesn't need its own root-level spot, but I think in
terms of a package I don't like the idea of a misc package.

-Brett