[Python-Dev] 2.4 vs Windows vs bsddb

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 01:26:41 CEST 2006

[Tim Peters]
>> I just noticed that the bsddb portion of Python fails to compile on
>> the 2.4 Windows buildbots, but for some reason the buildbot machinery
>> doesn't notice the failure:

[Martin v. Löwis]
> It's been a while that a failure to build some extension modules doesn't
> cause the "compile" step to fail; this just happened with the _ssl.pyd
> module before.

I'm guessing only on the release24-maint branch?

> I'm not sure how build.bat communicates an error, or whether devenv.com
> fails in some way when some build step fails.
>
> Revision 43156 may contribute here, which adds additional commands
> into build.bat after devenv.com is invoked.

More guessing:  devenv gives a non-zero exit code when it fails, and a
.bat script passes on the exit code of the last command it executes.

True or false, after making changes based on those guesses, the 2.4
Windows buildbots now say they fail the compile step.

It was my fault to begin with (boo! /bad/ Timmy), but should have been
unique to the 24 branch (2.5 and trunk fetch Unicode test files all by
themselves).