[Python-Dev] Why spawnvp not implemented on Windows?

Alexey Borzenkov snaury at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 13:22:58 CEST 2006

On 10/13/06, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> any reason you cannot just use the "subprocess" module instead, like
> everyone else?

Oh! Wow! I just simply didn't know of its existance (I'm pretty much
new to python), and both distutils and SCons (I was looking inside
them because they are major build systems and surely had to execute
compilers somehow), and upon seeing that each of them invented their
own method of searching path created a delusion as if inventing custom
workarounds was the only way... Sorry... x_x