[Python-Dev] 2.5c2

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 06:54:49 CEST 2006

PEP 356

  http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0356/

has 2.5c2 scheduled for Sept 12.  I checked in a fix for the last
blocking 2.5 issue (revert sgml infinite loop bug).  There are no
blocking issues that I know of (the PEP is up to date).

I expect Anthony will call for a freeze real soon now.  It would be
awesome if there were no more changes from now until for 2.5 final!
(Changing the trunk or 2.4 branches are fine, updating doc for 2.5 is
also fine).

I will be running valgrind over 2.5, but don't expect anything to show
up since the last run was pretty recent.  Coverity has no outstanding
issues and Klocwork results are pretty clean.  It's not clear if the
remaining warnings from Klocwork are real issues or not.

Keep doing a bunch of testing so we don't have any surprises in 2.5.

PS Scary as it sounds, I hope to have an HP-UX buildbot up and running
real soon now.  After 2.5 is out, I will fix the issues with the
cygwin bot (ie, upgrade cygwin) and get the HP-UX bot running.