[Python-Dev] Py_BuildValue and decref

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Sep 12 06:33:40 CEST 2006

Mihai Ibanescu wrote:

> Given that it doesn't seem to be the case, and my quick look at the code
> indicates that even internally python is inconsistent, should I file a
> low-severity bug so we don't lose track of this?

I'd say so, yes. A function whose refcount behaviour
differs when it fails is awkward to use safely
at best, impossible at worst (if there's no way
of finding out what needs to be decrefed in
order to clean up properly).]

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |