[Python-Dev] Trial balloon: microthreads library in stdlib

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Feb 12 08:15:43 CET 2007

Armin Rigo schrieb:
> The history as I remember it is that Christian tried hard to integrate
> the first versions of Stackless with CPython, but was turned town by
> python-dev.

Are there public records of that? As I remember it, Christian never
actually submitted a patch for inclusion (at least not in public;
he may have approached Guido in private). The oldest discussion
I could find quickly is from August 2000 (Python 2.0 and Stackless);
there, it was Ben Wolfson who asked whether it could be integrated.
I also found a message where I said that it couldn't be integrated
as-is, for a number of reasons I listed; I didn't mean to imply
that it can never be integrated.

Regards,
Martin