[Python-Dev] NOARGS_NULL

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Feb 18 10:35:22 CET 2007

Patch #1648268 corrects a huge load of errors in Python wrt.
incorrect function pointers (i.e. functions called with a
different signature then declared, through pointers).
The rationale for this patch is that the submitter apparently
has a platform where Python crashes in the face of these errors.

I believe the patch is correct, and would like to apply it.

The patch also renames many function arguments: parameters
in a METH_NOARGS function get consistently named NOARGS_NULL
(currently often called 'unused' or 'noargs'); the second parameter
to getters gets consistently named 'closure' (it's called
closure in many places already, and 'unused' in others).

I would also apply this part of the change, and both to
the trunk and Python 2.5. Objections?

Regards,
Martin