[Python-Dev] Pydoc Improvements / Rewrite

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Fri Jan 5 15:29:49 CET 2007

Correct; it can be browsed at <http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/>

> I also suspect that write access is not granted easily (as I know a
> number of python modules being on sourceforge before being ultimately
> included in
> the standard modules).

I think most of those projects weren't initially started with the goal
of stdlib inclusion.  The problems with a separate Sourceforge project are:

* fewer people will see the commit messages.
* if the project isn't completed, everyone will forget about the SF
  project in a few year.  In sandbox/, at least the code will still be
  somewhat visible; maybe someone would finish it.

--amk