[Python-Dev] popen test case inquiry in r55735 using PCBuild8

Joseph Armbruster josepharmbruster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 03:09:56 CEST 2007

Mark,

My apologies for being a day late, got working on some other things.
So here's the scoop as it relates to the issue at hand:

- If you run rt.bat from the trunk as-is and place it in a path that
contains an empty space, you receive the error outlined in
resultwithspace.txt.

- If you run rt.bat from the trunk as-is and place it in a path that
does not contain an empty space, you receive no errors as outlined in
resultwithoutspace.txt.

- If you run rt.bat with the patch, on Windows XP, you receive no errors
as outlined in resultafterpatch.txt.

The patch is attached.  Probably my biggest question now is the use of
GetVersion as opposed to GetVersionEx. According to the MSDN, it doesn't
appear to be all that undesirable:

Your thoughts?

Joseph Armbruster