[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] PEP 3113 (Removal of Tuple Parameter Unpacking)

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Mon Mar 5 02:03:58 CET 2007

[Greg Ewing]
> Writing code that depends on long sequences having things
> in particular positions is an anti-pattern,

Seems like you're against positional parameters in general.
What makes argument unpacking in a function definition different
that other positional parameter use cases.

Until csv and sql start returning records with field
name attributes instead of tuples, we'll need something like
we have now.  Also attribute access has performance issues
compared to tuple unpacking (sad fact of life).

Raymond