[Python-Dev] [ 1673007 ] urllib2 requests history + HEAD support

Facundo Batista facundo at taniquetil.com.ar
Mon Mar 12 17:08:26 CET 2007

This patch was posted by "koder_ua".

I think that Request must have a "request type" parameters, so people
can send "HEAD" requests easily.

But it seems to me that keeping a request history in the module is bad,
because it can easily grow up to thousands and explode (a.k.a. consume
too much memory).

Fo example, I have a web service, running 7x24, and opening another web
service, with around 10 requests per second. This means, keeping the
history (around 50bytes each request), 1.2 GB of RAM in only a month!

So, I'll close this patch as "Rejected", for this reason, if anyone
raises objections.

Regards,

--
.   Facundo