[Python-Dev] Windows buildbot (Was: buildbot failure in x86 W2k trunk)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 24 00:38:56 CEST 2007

Trent Mick schrieb:
> http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/all/x86%20W2k%20trunk
>
> Is my buildbot the only reliable Windows buildbot machine?

Tim Peter's machine comes and goes, depending on whether he starts
the buildbot. Alan McIntyre's machien should be mostly he reliable,
but nobody really notices if it goes away.

> It is possible that within a couple of weeks or so I'll have to take
> this one offline.

Don't worry about that. It's a volunteer service, so if nobody
volunteers, regular building on Windows just won't happen.

> Are there others that can provide a Windows buildbot? It would probably
> be good to have two -- and a WinXP one would be good.

It certainly would be good. Unfortunately, Windows users are not that
much engaged in the open source culture, so few of them volunteer
(plus it's more painful, with Windows not being a true multi-user
system).

Regards,
Martin