[Python-Dev] Windows buildbot (Was: buildbot failure in x86 W2k trunk)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 24 00:52:14 CEST 2007

>> Are there others that can provide a Windows buildbot? It would probably
>> be good to have two -- and a WinXP one would be good.
>
> How much work is it to set one up, and to maintain it?  Maybe I can offer an XP VMWare image.

Setting it up essentially requires to put all the software into place,
see the wiki. Maintaining it requires attention in case it suddenly
hangs, which it does more often on Windows than it does on Unix.
In particular, when a process fails to terminate, subsequently
it may fail to remove or modify files, and then it breaks completely
until the process is killed. A weekly reboot would like fix the
majority of the maintenance problems.

Regards,
Martin