[Python-Dev] whitespace normalization pre-commit hook is giving me grief

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat May 26 02:49:29 CEST 2007

On 5/25/07, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> In my bcannon-objcap branch I am trying to check in a change that involves a
> soft symlink from Lib/controlled_importlib.py to
> ../importlib/controlled_importlib.py through ``ln -s
> ../controlled_importlib.py controlled_importlib.py`` while in the Lib
> directory.  I have done this before in this branch so as to allow for easy
> importing of code from the svn import of importlib that the branch contains.

I don't know that we've ever tested the commit hook with a link.
Maybe there is some other problem.

Have you tried running reindent on the actual file (not the symlink)?

> Can somebody help me figure out what the hell is going on?  I am waiting to
> find out it is something small and stupid, but at this point I am not seeing
> a solution to this.

Can you check in a smaller part of the change (like leaving out the
symlink)?  That will at least allow you to make progress.

You can send me the file if you want.  I can try to look at it and see
if there are any problems.