[Python-Dev] MacOSX -framework options and distutils weirdness

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Oct 9 23:11:26 CEST 2007

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> Is that the system supplied version of Python?

No, it's my own installation of 2.3, but it's installed
as a framework in /Library/Frameworks.

> My guess is MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET: this is set in the
 > environment by distutils.

I wondered about that -- I've noticed that with later
Python versions, distutils linking commands *don't* work
in the shell unless I set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET to
10.3 (it's not set at all in my shell environment by
default).

But the problem here is the other way around. I would
have thought distutils would set it to something appropriate
for the Python being used.

Any suggestions on how I can find out what setting of
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET is being used by distutils, and
how to make it use something different if it's not right?

--
Greg