[Python-Dev] fixing tests on windows

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Apr 3 23:58:24 CEST 2008

Terry Reedy wrote:
> "Tim Golden" <mail at timgolden.me.uk> wrote in message
> news:47F4DE23.3020202 at timgolden.me.uk...
> | [re tests which fail because something's holding a file
> | open with SHARE_DELETE]
>
> There are a couple of things one can do in a directory's Properties box
> (right click) to reduce interference.
> 1. Under General/Advanced, uncheck 'allow Indexing Service' and click Yes
> to recursively apply to subdirs and files.
> 2. Under Sharing, check 'Make private'.  This is recursive, but only works
> for dirs under My Documents or on Desktop.  This would be most useful, I
> think, if buildbots run as a separate user.
> Have these already been done?

I realise that there are options on any given machine
to reduce the interference of known applications. (And
I assume that the people who own buildbots are in a
position to do what they can in that direction). I was
working more towards a situation where they wouldn't
have to, where the test suite could confidently be run
without having to allow for artefacts of this type.

Still trying: some new ideas from Trent elsewhere in
this thread which I'll look into tomorrow.

TJG