[Python-Dev] GSoC Student Introduction

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed Apr 23 23:51:53 CEST 2008

Guilherme Polo schrieb:
> Also, are you (PSF) planning to do this now or just at the "official"
> gsoc start ? And, is there some internal discussion going on to decide
> if students are going to get a branch or something at python
> repositories ?

I suggest we use the bounding period to set up the infrastructure for
the students. I've already written a private mail to my student with
several small tasks like subscribing to mailing lists, creating accounts
at bugs.python.org + wiki.python.org, mailing the contribution agreement
etc.

By the end of the bounding period everything should be in place -
including the working environment on the students' computers.

Christian