[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

Koenig, Gerald gerald.koenig at hp.com
Mon Dec 1 20:05:01 CET 2008

Hi all,

I didn't look at the thread until this morning.

The OEM ready program required that the installed force to program files.
But as we preinstalled we use your msi with a normal parameter: python-2.5.2.msi TARGETDIR=c:\program files\python"

That why I didn't ask you about that.

WE have done already few weeks of test and nothing is breaking up to now :)

Now about the 2 others issues what will be the easier way to fix them properly ?
- for the executable without manifest as we are on vista OS only I can add a manifest for vista outside the executable it should work.
- for python_icon.exe I do not know what is calling it in start menu can you help me on that ?

Gerald