[Python-Dev] Taint Mode in Python 3.0

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 00:29:43 CET 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 19:36, Nicole King <nicole at cats-muvva.net> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have published the diff for my implementation of tainted mode in Python for
> R3.0 (released version) at http://www.cats-muvva.net/software/. Look at the
> bottom the page. I apologise for past problems accessing this web site: I
> hope to have resolved all the issues with it.

The patch is indeed huge! it seems that every function that returns a
PyObject must be modified.
And it seems very difficult to check for its correctness.

Did you look at the Pypy project? The C code of the interpreter is
generated, and it already proposes a "Taint" option at translation
time.
http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/objspace-proxies.html#taint
With only 300 lines of elegant python code...

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc