[Python-Dev] Small RFEs and the Bug Tracker

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Feb 22 22:06:05 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 10:01 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> > Can we make the names a little longer?
>
>  Somebody really needs to take lead here. I won't change
>  anything unless somebody tells me precisely what to do,
>  so I can blame somebody. Messages like this (which I
>  picked just arbitrarily) I will ignore wrt. specific
>  action. Of course I *can* make the names a little
>  longer - it's a thirty-second edit. The question is
>  whether I should.
>
>  Again, taking your message just arbitrarily. The same
>  remark applies to anything else declared as a proposal -
>  I can only act on specifications, not on proposals.

I think Martin is right that someone needs to take the lead and do a
complete review of how issues are handled. That way we can do a change
in one big batch to something that works better for Python.

I have always planned to take the lead on this, but it will have to
wait until probably Python 3.0 is out the door. If someone else wants
to go through and really look at how we handle issues and propose a
new schema that's fine by me.

-Brett