[Python-Dev] PEP 8 conformance of unittest

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Mon Jul 14 00:44:59 CEST 2008

Michael Foord <fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk> writes:

> "we have a plan to make 'unittest' conform with the existing PEP 8"
> - that was the outcome of the discussion. PEP 8'ification to begin
> in 2.7 / 3.1 with the deprecation of non-PEP8 compliant method
> names.

Thanks, that's exactly the reassurance I was hoping for :-)

> I volunteered to take it on, and have a record of the whole
> discussion. Unfortunately my writing commitment is going to keep me
> occupied until August - after which it will be one of my highest
> priorities.

I've contacted you yesterday regarding this, but to reiterate: This
issue is of interest to me, and I'd like to help with it if I can.
Please contact me privately if I can be of assistance, especially if I
can help during your busy period.

--
 \      “The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're |
  `\                       still a rat.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily Tomlin |