[Python-Dev] critical issues for 2.6 and 3.0

Benjamin Peterson musiccomposition at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 04:31:37 CEST 2008

I just went through the disturbingly long list of 67 open issues with
a "critical" priority pinging and trying to get things moving. There
are ~55 now; I was able to close some, but others I promoted to
release blocker for beta 3. Shouldn't all criticals be resolved by the
final?

I've never been through a Python release before, but I find these
statistics rather worrying if we want to make the October release
date. It doesn't help that we are low on active core developers,
presumably because they are taking full advantage of their summer
vacations. :) (Speaking of which, I'm leaving this Saturday.)

Please focus getting fixes reviewed, checked in, and their issue's
closed so we can bring beta 3 out on time!

--
Cheers,
Benjamin Peterson