[Python-Dev] FreeBSD test suite failure -> curses

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sun Mar 9 17:29:00 CET 2008

-On [20080308 12:08], "Martin v. Löwis" (martin at v.loewis.de) wrote:
>If you want to ask for help, that's probably something for the FreeBSD
>lists. Unfortunately, the FreeBSD threads library is notorious for
>crashing, hanging, and doing other unpleasant things to Python.

I think I can manage the FreeBSD side, I used to be a committer for it. ;)

>If you want to debug this, run Python in a debugger, and run the
>test suite from there. core files are often not too helpful.

One result I get is this:

[Switching to Thread 0x8173000 (LWP 100121)]
0x28ac4102 in PyCurses_getsyx (self=0x0)
    at /usr/home/asmodai/projects/python/Modules/_cursesmodule.c:1770
1770      getsyx(y, x);

Is a value of 0x0 valid for self? I'd figure it would be a memory address,
but I do not know the internals well enough for that.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Delirious again, mesmerise my senses, our Souls entwine one more time...