[Python-Dev] Improved thread switching

Facundo Batista facundobatista at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:37:43 CET 2008

2008/3/20, Andrew McNabb <amcnabb at mcnabbs.org>:

> Since we officially encourage people to spawn processes instead of
>  threads, I think that this would be a great idea.  The processing module
>  has a similar API to threading.  It's easy to use, works well, and most
>  importantly, gives us some place to point people to when they complain
>  about the GIL.

I'm +1 to include the processing module in the stdlib.

just avoid confussions, with these libraries with alike names, I'm
meaning this [1] module, the one that emulates the semantics of
threading module.

Does anybody has strong reasons for this module to not get included?

Regards,

[1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/processing

--
.    Facundo