[Python-Dev] Proposal: from __future__ import unicode_string_literals

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:34:19 CET 2008

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:26 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>  I guess I could better understand with a very specific example.
>>  You gave Django as a very specific example, and I looked at Django,
>>  and it works just fine with 2to3. "The Plone collective" is not
>>  a specific example
>
> It is a specific example.

No it isn't. A specific example would be "I have environment X setup on
a machine. I go to website/SVN repository Y and retrieve source code Z
and start using it".

Without the step by step process, it is impossible to identify if there
is any point in the procedure where an invocation of 2to3 could be
inserted relatively painlessly.

Cheers,
Nick.