[Python-Dev] Invitation to try out open source code review tool

Joe Smith unknown_kev_cat at hotmail.com
Mon May 5 17:27:59 CEST 2008

"Guido van Rossum" <guido at python.org> wrote in message
news:ca471dc20805040936nf06de9dk77f37433254b0495 at mail.gmail.com...
> On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
>>  Personally, I would consider the following sufficient:
>>
>>  1) people who have authenticated themselves against the underlying VCS
>> (i.e.
>>  project members) may post public comments and comment on other comments
>
> Tell me how to authenticate against a SVN project using HTTP only.

Hmm... Is there a good reason not to just migrate over to OpenID?
For one thing, surely an OpenID provider could exist that just authenticates
a username against an SVN account. Then many people already have a Yahoo
account or AOL screenname. On the downside, the OpenID system will likely
not be terribly effective at avoiding spam in the long run, as spammers
register accounts at providers (especially those without or with weak
Captchas). On the otherhand, there are already reports of Spammers mass
signing-up for Google accounts, so it may not be that different in the long
run anyway.