[Python-Dev] Addition of "pyprocessing" module to standard lib.

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Wed May 14 11:45:23 CEST 2008

Martin v. Löwis schrieb:
> I'm worried whether it's stable, what user base it has, whether users
> (other than the authors) are lobbying for inclusion. Statistically,
> it seems to be not ready yet: it is not even a year old, and has not
> reached version 1.0 yet.

I'm on Martin's side here. Although I like to see some sort of multi
processing mechanism in Python 'cause I need it for lots of projects I'm
against the inclusion of pyprocessing in 2.6 and 3.0. The project isn't
old and mature enough and it has some competitors like pp (parallel
processing).

On the one hand the inclusion of a package gives it an unfair advantage
over similar packages. On the other hand it slows down future
development because a new feature release must be synced with Python
releases about every 1.5 years.

-0.5 from me

Christian