[Python-Dev] How does one build Python25.chm on Windows?

Dave Peterson dpeterson at enthought.com
Thu Nov 13 01:12:37 CET 2008

I'm trying to build a Python25.chm file using the source in the Python
2.5.2 tarball.

I'm not really a Windows guru so I'm at a loss of even where to begin as
the Doc\README file doesn't mention how to build .chm files at all.
I've done a number of web searches with things like "how to build
python25.chm" but am not finding any useful hits.   (Most hits tell
people how to use the Python25.chm for various purposes but none on
actually building it that I've seen.)

Any pointers would be appreciated!

-- Dave