[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] 2.6.1 and 3.0

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Nov 18 23:17:23 CET 2008

> From my point of view bi-monthly release are too much. For a ?.?.1
> release two months are fine because several issues are found by 3rd
> party authors. But after that a release every quarter is sufficient.
>
> * .1 release two months after the .0 release
> * .2, .3, .4 and .5 release every quarter
> * about here the next minor release gets out
> * .6 and further releases after 6 months when necessary

In the past, we had been striving for releases every 6 month.
This was already very difficult to achieve.

While I'm happy that Barry has automated his part to a high degree,
my part is, unfortunately, much less automated. I could personally
automate the build process a bit more, but part of it is also testing
of the installers, which is manual.

Regards,
Martin