[Python-Dev] [Python-3000] 2.6.1 and 3.0

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Nov 27 00:44:31 CET 2008

> In my case, the biggest effort would be finding out what needs to be put
> within the installer. If you can give me a pointer to where the current
> build process reads the complete file list to put within the .msi (and
> their relative destination path), I can try and build a simple test
> installer, on which we can start doing some evaluations.

The simplest approach might be to look at what it actually installs.
If you want to read the specifcation: it's in
Tools/msi/msi.py:add_files. directory.add_file takes a file, and
optionally a source file (which defaults to the respective source
directory). You also need to consider the features structure; there
is a "current" feature at any point in time, and all components being
added get added to the current feature.

HTH,
Martin