[Python-Dev] Python for windows.

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Thu Nov 27 02:49:59 CET 2008

Martin v. Löwis <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:

> Perhaps. I wouldn't go so far, though. It's surely puzzling if a system
> comes with a pre-installed Python, but if that Python actually works,
> I don't think that does much damage.

OS X does come with pre-installed Python, so this is a debate we have
from time to time on the mac-python mailing list.  Personally, I always
come down on the side of using the "system python", instead of
installing a newer or different version.  If, of course, it's sufficient
for your application, and my experience is that it usually is.

Bill