[Python-Dev] HTTPS read-only SVN access is denied?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Sep 7 17:03:10 CEST 2008

> SVN checkout over HTTPS protocol requires password. Is it intentional
> or just temporary server issue? I am behind a proxy that doesn't
> support PROPFIND requests and I can't test SVN+SSH, because 22 port is
> closed.
>
> Site docs keep silence about that HTTPS is used at all. Shouldn't
> authentication be asked only on write access in normal SVN setup?

Not necessarily - as you say, it's undocumented (and will remain so);
in any case, I have now granted anonymous read access to that
repository, through https.

That there was access at all was for the sake of a completely unrelated
repository for which even anonymous read access is denied (and remains
so).

Regards,
Martin